Your Presbytery Link
Presbytery Stated Meeting
Date: May 9, 2017
Location: Lakeside Presbyterian Church
Bulletin Version Word PDF
Newsletter Version Word PDF
Your Presbytery Link is a summary of what occurs at presbytery meetings. It is posted on the website within days of each meeting.
Prior to the meeting, attendees participated in their choice of opportunities:
- Mass choir rehearsal
- Theology in the Directory for Worship
- Bible study methods, or
- Mission in the South Sudan.
Worship occurred throughout the meeting. Chris Torrey (pastor, Lakeside) preached a sermon based on Numbers 22:27-35 and Luke 19:29-40; he and Lisa Stenner (pastor, Union) presided at the Lord’s Supper. The Pentecost Offering was collected.
The presbytery took these ACTIONS:
- Approved the sale of a portion of property by Loveland Church.
- Examined and enrolled David Annett (Knox) as a candidate for the ordered ministry of teaching elder.
- Elected Joanne Widmer (Christ) to the Committee on Ministry.
- Elected officers to be installed in September:
- Moderator Bob Young (Blue Ash)
- Vice Moderator Adam Fronczek (pastor, Knox)
- Elected a Stated Clerk Search Committee:
- Sharon Carter (pastor, Community of Faith)
- Erin Focke (Bond Hill)
- Robert Sullivan (West Cincinnati)
- Sharon Wilcox (Richwood)
- David Zuidema (HR)
- Elected people to carry out stated clerk tasks until the next stated clerk is elected and installed.
- Interim Stated Clerk Erwin Goedicke (pastor, North)
- Interim Associate Stated Clerk Nancy Kahaian (general presbyter)
- Parliamentarian Becky Lindsay (Community of Faith)
- Approved amendments to the PCUSA Constitution: one concerning guests at the Lord’s Supper and one replacing the Directory for Worship.
- Approved and acknowledged changes in calls:
- Bob Anderson, to interim pastor, Reading-Lockland
- Rich Jones from pastor, Immanuel, to member at-large
- Cindy Mason and Marsha Webster to stated supplies, Springdale
- Stacey Midge to pastor, Mt. Auburn
- Tom York, to temporary supply, Mt. Washington
- Dismissed teaching elders to other presbyteries:
- Gary Brose to Scioto Valley
- Allan Lane to the Western Reserve
- ill Westmoreland to East Tennessee
- Installed Tim McQuade as associate pastor, Sycamore.
- Celebrated the ministries of those who are retiring:
- Chris Torrey (pastor, Lakeside)
- Dawne Sarchet (pastor, Reading-Lockland)
- Janis Adams (stated clerk, Presbytery of Cincinnati)
The Permanent Judicial commission has elected its officers: Moderator Erwin Goedicke (pastor, North) and Clerk Peter Burr (Mt. Washington).
At her request, Kimberly McCoy has been released from the exercise of the ordered ministry of teaching elder.