Your Presbytery Link
Your Presbytery Link is a summary of what occurs at Presbytery meetings. It is posted on the website within days of each meeting.
Worship occurred throughout the meeting. Carol Ferguson (pastor, Crescent Springs) preached a sermon based on Acts 20:1-12. An offering of $1,181 was collected and designated for mission co-workers Jeffrey and Kristie Boyd (Congo). Russel Smith (pastor, Covenant First) and Madeline Bronaugh (elder, Carmel) presided at the Lord’s Supper which was shared at individual tables during dinner.
The presbytery conducted business which included these actions and activities:
- Renewed or approved changes in calls and ministry assignments:
- Elder Jack Kleir and Demetrius Springer as part-time lay leaders @ Third
- Nancy Ross-Zimmerman as pastor/head of staff @ Lakeside
- Marsha Webster & Cynthia Maxwell Mason as part-time stated supplies @ Springdale
- Ron Lawrence as part-time stated supply @ Carmel
- Robert Northcutt as commissioned ruling elder (CRE) @ Beecher
- Kris Moore as interim pastor @ Calvin
- Robert Anderson as interim pastor @ Wyoming
- Charles Poston as part-time CRE @ Cleves
- Roberta Bella to pastor in shared ministry @ Pleasant Run and Northwest Community
- Appointed moderators to the Third, Hillsboro, Richwood, and Carmel churches
- Appointed mentors for two CREs
- Received the final report of the commission which worked with the Reading-Lockland Presbyterian Church to conclude its ministry at the closing worship service of the congregation on May 11, 2019.
- Approved selling of the Reading-Lockland church property to the Village of Lockland.
- Authorized the Board of Trustees to sell the presbytery office property on Myrtle Ave and designate the net proceeds to be used for church revitalization and/or church planting efforts.
- Elected members to fill open terms on the Permanent Judicial Commission, the Network Resource Committee, and the Committee on Ministry.
- Installed Erwin Goedicke (pastor, North) as stated clerk.
- Expressed thanks to Melana Scruggs for serving as stated clerk since last May.
- Engaged in dialogue in small groups on the results of the congregational mission survey conducted by the Network Research Committee.
- Received an overview and some training on the use of the presbytery’s Facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/cincinnatipresbytery/)
The presbytery also received a number of reports of work done by various committees and officers, including:
- Finalizing the office lease agreement between the presbytery and the Blue Ash church
- An update on per capita giving to date
- Announcing One Hopeful Fund (mission) grants to:
- The Practical Grace Non-Food Pantry (joint effort of Pleasant Run & Trinity)
- The Winton Hills Summer Program for children
- CLASP (Children of Ludlow After School Program – joint effort of Community of Faith, Lakeside, and Crescent Springs)
- The West Cincinnati Summer Program for children